Disk - 43
Michael S. Androsov
2007-11-12 13:52:02 UTC
On the computer with Windows NT Server 4.0 (SP6a) in the Event Log I received

Source: Disk
ID: 43
Crash dump is disabled! NT failed to initalize the boot partition paging
file for crashdump. This may be because the system has more than 3.8GB of
physical memory.

What's the problem?

Michael S. Androsov
Dave Patrick
2007-11-13 03:15:41 UTC
This article may help.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;216491
--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect
Michael S. Androsov
Michael S. Androsov
2007-11-13 06:24:00 UTC
Please, help me with one more error in the Event Log:

Source: Service Control Manager
ID: 7000
"The NAVAPEL service failed to start due to the following error:
The system cannot find the file specified. "

This nessage I received after every reboot. I don't know, what's the NAVAPEL.

Michael S. Androsov
John John
2007-11-13 12:33:26 UTC
Post by Michael S. Androsov
Source: Service Control Manager
ID: 7000
The system cannot find the file specified. "
This nessage I received after every reboot. I don't know, what's the NAVAPEL.
Michael S. Androsov
It's a Norton Anti-Virus file.

"- Service: Navapel, error: "System cannot find the file specified" -
You may see this event after you upgrade to Symantec AntiVirus Corporate
Edition 9.x. Navapel is a service used by Symantec AntiVirus 8.x and
earlier, and it is not used by Symantec AntiVirus 9.x. To solve the
problem remove the registry key that loads the Navapel service. The key
is found at
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\NAVAPEL. See The
link to "Symantec Knowledge Base Document ID: 2004070611591448" for
details."
http://www.eventid.net/display.asp?eventid=7000&eventno=108&source=Service+Control+Manager&phase=1

John
Calvin
2007-11-13 12:35:30 UTC
Post by Michael S. Androsov
I don't know, what's the NAVAPEL.
My guess (and it is JUST a guess !) would be something to do with a
Norton Anti-Virus product of one sort or another. Probably somebody has
uninstalled or disabled this package (and in typical bad style for
Norton / Symantec products) it has failed to correctly 'clean up after
itself'

Calvin.
Dave Patrick